Friday, April 29, 2011

Masterclass


For our anniversary (was in February) DJ and I decided to do a cooking class while on holiday. 


So on Sunday we headed off to our Pasta making class. We learnt how to mix and knead the dough, and then put it through the pasta machine. This was not as easy as it seemed, definitely a two person job when making spaghetti! 


Me mixing up the flour and Semolina,


My Spaghetti and Fettuccine


DJ about to sneak a bit of pasta into his mouth!


My wild mushroom and bacon fettuccine (no cream)


DJ's much better looking creamy pasta.


Scoffing it down!



My Napoli Sauce with Spaghetti


DJ's mix of Napoli.

***
We had so much fun that we went back the next day and did knife handling. 


Trying to learn how to cut Julienne and Brunoise. I had a lot of trouble trying to hold my fingers in the claw hold when I'm use to holding it with my fingers flat.




Tomato roses.



My headless apple swan.

We now can't wait to get home and get a pasta machine and some good sharp knifes! We are hoping to come back later in the year and do some more classes, Indian anyone? 

1 comment:

  1. You 2 are just too cute! What a nice thing to do, beats a dinner and a movie, I'd say! probably the same price, too, if my last cinmea experience was anything to go by. Crafty swan!

    ReplyDelete